IPSC “BLACK BADGE”
“IPSC is the acronym for the International Practical Shooting Confederation. IPSC is a dynamic shooting sport where the principles of Accuracy, Speed, and Power are balanced in a unique scoring system. IPSC has defined Action Shooting. It requires competitors to shoot fast and accurately, often shooting on the move and developing techniques and styles to shave off fractions of a second between shots, during reloads and drawing from the holster. IPSC Canada is the governing body for our sport in Canada.” – IPSC-Canada.org
Phoenix is proud to host the Edmonton IPSC LEAGUE on various Saturday nights. More Classes are being organized.
16 Hours of hands-on Gun Instruction (Practical and Classroom)
The Black Badge course offers in-depth training in the safe competitive shooting techniques required not only to compete at IPSC events but to deliver the confidence and expertise to use handguns in the safest possible manner. Visit Phoenix Range today and ask about our Black Badge training program! (Courses offered at the end of each month) For more information about IPSC and the Alberta organization, please visit IPSC-Canada and IPSC Alberta.
WHAT YOU NEED (these items to be supplied by the participant):
- Handgun (Semi-auto) in 9mm or larger in the “SAFE” operating condition.
- Holster (on the belt) that completely covers the trigger guard of the handgun
- Belt system (must go through 3 belt loops min.) inner and outer Velcro belt is suggested
- Magazine holders (singles or doubles) to hold 4 or more magazines
- Magazines for your handgun. 5 are suggested. 4 will work for the class
- 450 rounds of jacketed or plated (non-magnetic) ammunition. Lead cast are prohibited
- Eye and ear protection, your completed written test and comfortable footwear
- It is suggested that you wear a snug-fitting shirt to keep out of the way of your holster and a hat to protect yourself from flying brass during drills on the range
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Be familiar with the basic operations of your firearm (PROVE safe, Load, Make Ready and Unload)
- Have some basic shooting skills and not underestimate firearms “safety”
- That you must attend both days of class and be on time
- There will be 3 breaks each day including 1-hour lunch break
- If you leave the building for lunch, your gear will be safe while you are away
AFTER THE COURSE:
- A card will be issued allowing you to attend your 1st ISPC Qualifier at no charge
- You will be able to participate in Phoenix League nights running from October to April
- Be able to safely draw and holster your pistol at any range that recognizes Black Badge certified shooters, including Phoenix Indoor Range
Additional Booking and transfer/no-show details:
- Refunds will not be given on any course bookings for any reason. (Including moving, etc. NO EXCEPTIONS)
- There will be a $150.00 charge to change the course date after the initial sign up. That fee must be paid prior to having your name put on another course date.
- The course date can only be changed one time per participant. No refunds or additional class transfer will be allowed. Paid fees will be forfeited for no-shows.
- Failure to show for a course without prior notice (minimum 24 hours) to Phoenix Range will result in forfeiture of your course fees at the discretion of Management.